I’m an online marketer and award-winning web designer who’s worked with local businesses, luxury automakers, and international influencers. Over its many years, XO Annie has evolved into my space to share useful resources + no-nonsense take on current events. I’m currently engaged to the man of my dreams, and together we’re planning a lifelong marriage and prepping to raise a blessed family.
Welcome to XO Annie! I invite you to stay awhile and have a great day!
Introverted • Utah-based (for now!) • 20-something (i.e., not <18, as some think)
Latina (originally from Colombia!) • Trilingual (Español, English, Français) • Romantic
Dreamer • Catholic • Doer • Conservative • Tech geek (and big Apple/Mac fan)
Perfectionist • DONE w/my 2nd B.S. • Homebody • Girly girl • Driven
Arequipe lover • Old-fashioned (and a proud goody two-shoes)
Also on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest: Say HI! :D
God • My family (incl. our dogs and cats) • Friends • My fiancé • Food • Languages • Cultures
Business • Marketing • Meditating • Sweets/pastries • Our family businesses
Everything U.S.A. • Everything Colombia • Working out • Challenges
Studying + Research • Change • Shopping (when possible + deals!)
And pretty much everything else in between
What do I believe as a Catholic?
You’ll find out by reading the Nicene Creed,
which is a staple at Catholic Masses, where we all recite it.
To be the best at what I love • To go to Church more often
A family • To start our own animal shelter •
To travel all around the world
An influential career • Success
To ENRICH LIVES
And to welcome lovely YOU into my blog : )
MY RULES TO LIVE BY:
- Treat others as you’d like to be treated.
- “Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they’d look forward to the ride” (Anon.)
- There’s always a reason for why stuff happens. Don’t worry about the reason–just deal with the outcome.
- Optimism (with a little dash of realism) is key.
- Be someone people can trust and have faith in.
- Your parents/elders DO know better: cherish them; believe (in) them; trust them.
- You rule how you feel. And how you feel rules what happens to you.
- Don’t covet anyone else’s anything.
- Life is what you want it to be, so if you think, know, and feel it, it will come.
- What you consciously tell your subconscious about will occur.
- Read a few more of my rules to live by!
(Some of) MY CONFESSIONS…
- I don’t get how college grads who choose to become nannies are OK w/having wasted time and money.
- I wish there were more people with my same values.
- I wonder how Mormons can follow that “church” despite all the evidence against its tenets
- I value my me time, family time, and fiancé time above ALL else (“girls’ nights” aren’t all that fun)
- I don’t drink/smoke/do drugs/party.
- Finding Nemo, Eight Below, and The Lion King make me BAWL my eyes out :”| . (I feel for animals more than I do for people.)
- Which is why if I could rescue every unloved/homeless dog (or cat!) on this planet, I definitely would! (Heck, I want to start an animal shelter!)
- I’m unabashedly and proudly saving myself for marriage. My fiancé is the perfect partner in this regard.
- I try to see the lesson in everything because I hardly question/complain about anything.
- I don’t like to seem too vulnerable.
- I’m also relatively guarded and a cynic.
- I find it ridiculous that some people must be taxed more in order for society to prosper. What’s needed is a government that doesn’t spend like crazy.
- Along those lines, a potential HillBill presidency has found me researching life in Canada
- Check out more of my confessions (from 2014)!
- Plus my post on Confessions from a Happy Catholic
- And even more confessions (from 2016)!
(Some of) MY CONNECTIONS:
Just a sprinkling of the great groups I’m fortunate to belong to/work with…
LAST BUT NOT LEAST…
My in-your-face posts, unparalleled blogging and business resources, big-time giveaways, and say-it-like-it-is attitude are truly one-of-a-kind.
So sign up to get them all packaged in one handy newsletter for free (sent to you no more than twice per month!):
I hope you enjoyed getting to know a little bit about me. Now I’d LOVE to hear about you!
… So if you have any questions, comments, concerns, or just want to tell me about your day, simply contact me.
May the rest of your day be delightful and “see” you later!